Monday, November 16, 2009

8:56: Pregame

There comes a time in every man's life when he realizes that he may never have a better chance to watch 24 straight hours of basketball. For me, that time is now. The pros and cons of my undertaking such a challenge can be summed up thusly:

Pros:
- No job (and, really, nothing to do until January)
- Ilana still on her way home from Long Beach (and the illustrious Miss Long Beach Pageant), so there's no voice of reason anywhere nearby
- Residual inspiration from the storybook pageant victory of the new Miss Long Beach, our own Elisa Sabes
- Ran 9 and 9.5 miles the last two days, so I feel like I deserve some extended couch time
- Slept in till 11:30 today, so I'm well-rested from the, um, really nothing I did yesterday
- Already ate an Ike's Sandwich today, so I have a good food base
- First chance to really break in my new TV
- Have been looking for chances to do some writing during this two month break

Cons:
- Have already watched parts of two other college basketball games today (Duke-Coastal Carolina and UConn-Colgate), plus I followed a third on my phone (Minnesota-Stephen F. Austin) ... this could hurt my endurance later
- Really, what kind of person would even try to watch college basketball for 24 hours?!?

Obviously, the pros far outweigh the cons. Am I going to finish this thing? Honestly, probably not. But, to break out the first of probably many Simpsons references: "I can't promise I'll try. But I'll try to try."

No comments:

Post a Comment