Tuesday, November 17, 2009

4:38 PM: Duke 85, Charlotte 50

I was going to post about how hard it has been to watch all this terrible shooting, and then Duke comes out with 52% FG, 59% 3-PT.

So, let me restate that ... I would like to see some non-Duke players actually make jump shots.

Aaron's Sports Hate List

Teams

(1) University of Wisconsin basketball
(2) New York Yankees
(3) Chicago White Sox
(4) Duke basketball
(5) Green Bay Packers
(6) University of Illinois basketball*
(7) Boston Red Sox
(8) Atlanta Braves
(9) University of Wisconsin football
(10) Chicago Cubs

Announcers

(1) Hawk Harrelson
(2) Joe Buck
(3) Tim McCarver
(4) Billy Packer (though, I guess, retired, so maybe he's off the list)
(5) Michael Kay

*This one is weird because they always have very likeable teams, and I like the orange jerseys, and I almost went there for law school and everything ... but they always, ALWAYS beat Minnesota, even when they are terrible and Minnesota just needs one more win to make the NCAA tournament. They beat them three times a year sometimes. They beat them when they have one good player who can do nothing but shoot threes and Minnesota leaves him open for the entire game even though he is their entire offense (and I'm not just talking about one instance of this ... this has happened SEVERAL TIMES!!!). So I don't know what to say. If Illinios somehow left the Big Ten, I would be an unabashed fan of their squad. On the other hand, I KNOW they will beat the Gophers in heartbreaking fashion somewhere between one and three times this year, despite the fact that Minnesota has a better team.

No comments:

Post a Comment