Tuesday, November 17, 2009

5:28 PM: Gonzaga 17, Michigan State 6

Gonzaga comes out firing, led by a floppy-haired guard and a Canadian center named "Sacre." I swear, Gonzaga has to have sitcom casting people doing the recruiting for them.

I'm wearing a Gonzaga t-shirt for this game, but only by random chance, as I own three of them, all acquired from different people under totally different circumstances. I guess I'm rooting for them, because it's always more fun to root for the underdog, but I have nothing against Michigan State. Someday, I would like Minnesota to be good enough to consider Michigan State a rival, but that day is probably not coming anytime soon.

So really, I like it that Michigan State is good. I like them as the face of the conference, a reminder that the Big Ten can have elite teams, can make Final Fours, can hang with Carolina and Kentucky and Kansas. Basically, I'm okay with Michigan State because they are the exact opposite of Ohio State football. They play on a big stage, and they never embarass the conference.

Anyway, I'm going to put up intermittent posts and hope to attract a Strong rant in the comments. First incitement: You have four awesome wing players, but apparently nobody who can even kinda play center, and ten minutes into the first game of the year, even a mid-major team is exploiting this. Go.

6 comments:

  1. aaron, you hit the nail on the head. we're getting zero fucking penetration, and their retarded gumpy white guys are making our freshmen centers look like little bitches. i swear to fucking god, i'm throwing a goddamn rock through my tv if we continue playing this shitty. also, i may go grab a rifle and shoot chris allen. jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) I hope you're wearing the gree Gonzaga t-shirt
    2) I notice you didn't choose this as one of you're 3 upset specails
    3) Strong - this is for your Philly/Duke hating...Go Zags (also cause of how much Colin hates them, probably more than aaron hates duke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, i'm sitting here watching the game with my oldest brother (who also hates duke). he's a much more "hate on your team" kindof fan than i am (and that's saying something). we're going back and forth with "are you fucking kidding me?!" and "jesus christ, get some damn penetration!" it took about 3 minutes for everyone else to leave the room...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and here's a commercial you may have forgotten that's djust terrible: anything involving progressive insurance. i am convinced that progressive girl has taken two dicks at once, either by going skiing or the eiffel tower, take your pick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could watch this game with Strong on speakerphone, it's just not the same without the massive amount of profanity, and I can't even imagine what it would be if your brother is worse than you

    ReplyDelete
  6. the swearing has been pretty prolific, but not nearly to the level of the MSU/USC game last year in the tournament. thank god none of you were around for that. gina was cowering in the corner of the couch in fear...

    ReplyDelete