Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2:30 AM: N. Colorado 52, Hawaii 52

As of right now, the only thing keeping me going are these HTC phone commercials that use the piano line from "Sinnerman" in the background. Perks me up everytime.

ESPN is just relentlessly pimping this new College Basketball encyclopedia. I just know I'm going to wind up blacking out in a bookstore only to wake up an hour later at home to find out that I bought like five copies of this thing. ESPN owns my subconscious at this point.

Northern Colorado guard Will Figures is the son of former NFL corner Deon Figures. I remember Figures being drafted back in the early 90s, so this makes me feel old. Two things about Deon Figures: (1) His Wikipedia page pretty much just explains how his pass interference call cost Pittsburgh the 1994 AFC Championship game (2) When he was drafted, he gave reporters the witty quote, "They gonna call me 'Six' Figures," and I thought it was awesome that a guy drafted in the first round was bragging about the fact that he was about to make more than $100,000. Dream big, kid. Let's at least go for "Seven" Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment